Blown extrusion technology
Our blown extrusion process is one of the most advanced in the world, capable of producing exceptionally consistent, high-quality film that runs at highly efficient speeds to increase the productivity of your operation.
Here are some highlights of our equipment.
- Blown film die: Controls basic film size, thickness, properties and characteristics. The low-residence time dies allow for quick and even resin processing.
- Vacuum loaders and blenders: Loads resins, additives and pigments into blenders that dose and mix the ingredients according to a programmed recipe. Three-layer films blend 18 materials and five-layer films blend 24 materials.
- Oscillating haul-off (vertical and horizontal): Pulls the film up the tower and randomizes the film's layflat by oscillating the layflat upon itself.
- Thickness probe: Measures film, ensuring specification accuracy with non-contact capacitance gauges and nuclear gauges.
- Film winder: Controls roll width, diameter and tension. All winders are turret winders for better control of consistency.